I'm not a beer drinker, but Nate is. We were very excited to discover that his new beer of choice is also an incredibly socially responsible company. New Belgium Brewing makes Fat Tire Amber Ale. While Nate loves the flavor, we also both love what the company stands for. The "Company Core Values" include:
- Kindling social, environmental and cultural change as a business role model.
- Environmental stewardship: Honoring nature at every turn of the business
- Balancing the myriad needs of the company, our coworkers and their families.
- Having Fun.
- Wind powered
- Employee owned company
- Use of natural lighting
- Promotion of bike commuting
- Low-water landscaping
- Use of reclaimed materials
- Porous sidewalks
Nate can feel good about a beer that tastes good and that matches our socially responsible values. A great discovery just in time for the summer cabin season!