Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Organic Boy

I have been so proud that A has only eaten organic foods since he started solids. As we add more and more variety to his menu, I can't find organic produce at Cub where I normally shop, so I've made a few trips to the Mississippi Market in St. Paul for my organic goodies.

I love the food co-op. I don't have to spend nearly as much time weighing my options and searching odd corners of the store to find eco-friendly items. I like the mission of food co-ops, which focuses on sustainability and consumer control. I read once in Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver, "Eaters must understand, how we eat determines how the world is used." By shopping at the co-op, I feel like I'm helping to make my statement about how I want to use the world. 

I know A will have to eat non-organic someday, and probably someday soon, but I will hold out as long as possible and give his little body a chance to avoid extra chemicals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 
Copyright© Borrowing Earth